Newton Blossomville is a village in the Borough of Milton Keynes and ceremonial county of Buckinghamshire, England. It is a civil parish, sharing a joint parish council with Clifton Reynes. It is located in the north of the Borough, about two and a half miles east of Olney & quarter of a mile from the Bucks/Beds border, just outside the village.
The village name ‘Newton’ is an Old English language word meaning ‘new farm’. It was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 under the holdings of Clifton Reynes (Clystone) as not much was left of the original settlement, possibly a victim of raids from across the River Great Ouse. Called ‘Niwetone’ when first named independently in 1175, it gained the affix ‘Blossevill’, referring to the family name of the lords of the manor in the 13th century (a common thing to happen to settlement names at that time).
Text excerpt from www.newtonblossomville.org